Wednesday, September 14, 2011

So far so good

Completed a few interviews so far, mostly in person but have figured out most of Skype.  What I can say so far in this experience is much like internet dating.  You communicate via various web modalities, you send pictures, you agree on meeting at a public place and the 'date' begins.   The awkward starts of who are you and what do you do, what are you looking for, what sites are you on, those questions continue to be the ice breakers and then eventually it's more of a conversation and questions arise as we go along.     I will say that of the people I'm meeting in person, we've tended to have a longer conversation than my thirty minute rule.  Of course, if the conversation didn't go so well it probably wouldn't last thirty minutes anyway.  This week I'll be putting the shout out on Twitter for some of my online connections and see what happens there.  Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment